The Task: GO TO THE STORE
- MS-DOS: You get in the car and try to remember where you put
- Windows: You get in the car and drive to the store very slowly,
because attached to the back of the car is a freight train.
- Macintosh System 7: You get in the car to go to the store,
and the car drives you to church.
- UNIX: You get in the car and type GREP STORE. After reaching
speeds of 200 miles per hour en route, you arrive at the
- Windows NT: You get in the car and write a letter that says
"go to the store." Then you get out of the car and mail
the letter to your dashboard.
- Taligent/Pink: You walk to the store with Ricardo Montalban,
who tells you how wonderful it will be when he can fly you
to the store in his Learjet.
- OS/2: After fueling up with 6000 gallons of gas, you get in the
car and drive to the store with a motorcycle escort and a
marching band in procession. Halfway there, the car blows up,
killing everybody in town.
- S/36 SSP [mainframe, obv.]: You get in the car and drive to
the store. Halfway there you run out of gas. While
walking the rest of the way, you are run over by kids
- AS/400: An attendant locks you into the car and then drives you
to the store, where you get to watch everybody else buy